Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sketches - Blackbird Fly

I don't recall where I first saw the Blackbird Fly, but it was love at first sight and I was completely obsessed. (A 35mm Twin Lens Reflex Camera? Oh my!!!)  Only problem, was that it was only coming out in Japan, and I would have to wait almost a year before it hit the US.  Lucky for little ol' me, my dad and stepmom have a place in Tokyo.  And even luckier, my dad was heading to Hawaii to meet me the same weekend the camera hit stores.  With the time change via flying, my dad and step mom were able to stand in line for the new camera (it was super limited edition, and my dad was freaked out by how many people were in line waiting to get their hands on it!) buy the camera (in canary yellow!) then hand deliver it to me over a sushi dinner in Oahu.  I was so excited I think I actually cried!  Love, love, love my little blackbird fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment