Thursday, September 24, 2009

And so it begins...

It's so ordinary and banal to admit that i am "that girl." You know the one who woke up one day but didn't want to get out of bed because she swore she was in a creative rut. "I'm so boring!" she proclaimed. Then went back to sleep, hoping she could get back to the REM state and work it out. Of course, then she overslept and was late to work. And so, a vicious cycle began.

Unfortunately, it happens every autumn, like clockwork to me. I think its because the end of summer feels so foreboding: no more carefree days, leaves change, kids go back to school, temperatures begin to drop, and I, regrettably, fall into that rut.

This year, I've decided to take action. I am on a search for something to feel passionate about. Something that will inspire me and maybe change my life, but most importantly, get me out of the creative rut. In the past, whenever I felt uninspired, I hopped on a plane and went somewhere new and foreign. But money is tight this year, so i must find inspiration elsewhere. My plan is to volunteer my time with a variety of organizations.

Trying new things, meeting new people, its just like traveling but this time I don't have to leave my hometown of Los Angeles.

No comments:

Post a Comment