Thursday, November 26, 2009

Dating Dilemma Thursday

This week's dilemma was told to me by a dear friend over lunch the other day. Honestly, I thought she was kidding, but it's totally a true story:

"So I was staying at a hotel with a guy who'd been flirting with me over email for quite some time. Yes, we'd met before. Staying together in a hotel room, pretty much meant that I was open to 'sealing the deal' with him, if you know what I mean... Only thing is, once we got back to the room after a nice dinner, I went into the bathroom to get ready for bed. And when I came out, he was wearing nothing but a leopard print 'banana hammock.' I had no idea how to react. So, I started laughing. I mean, was he serious? Well, I guess laughing wasn't kosher with him, because nothing happened the rest of the weekend. But how was I to know, that he thought he was being suave, sexy, and was totally serious?"

Wow! Where do we begin? Normally, laughter breaks any sort of tension and puts everyone in a better mood. But clearly, this guy was very serious about his undies (and clearly a tad insecure). I guess the only thing to do, is ask the guys: Are girls allowed to laugh at men who wear silly underwear and think they are being sexy?

Bachelor #1:
"Yeah, I can't believe anybody would do that sincerely thinking it would turn anyone on.
I guess, if a swarthy 60 year old italian man was letting you stay at his villa, then maybe he's being serious (about his undies). But that's the only time"
Bachelor #2:
"Under no circumstances should a girl laugh at a guy's underwear, especially if he's trying to be sexy. Guys are totally insecure, and laughing at them while they are almost totally naked makes them even more vulnerable. You have to look at the leopard print underwear, and imagine a little kid in his underoos...the kid thinks he's superman in those underwear. This guy thought leopard print made him look like 'sex on a stick.'
Bachelor #3:
"Hopefully, a dude wearing a leopard print hammock is doing it for the laugh. If he thinks its sexy then he deserves to be laughed at!"

So there you have it...2-1 Men in stupid underwear are fair game to laugh at. Of course, bachelor #2 had a great point, in that you should judge your audience before laughing at them... especially if they are in the state of being nearly nude.

No comments:

Post a Comment