Monday, November 30, 2009

Currently Reading....


Currently reading Fruits Basket volume 2.

I had no idea what the premise of this manga series was.  But, I knew it was very popular with manga-philes, so I decided to give it a go.  Much, to my surprise the premise follows an orphan who is taken in by a family harboring a deep, dark secret...oooh!  Apparently, the members of the Sohma family have been cursed and whenever they are touched by a member of the opposite sex they turn into an animal from the Chinese zodiac.  The premise and artwork are fantastic!  The narration is only so-so.  I'm glad I was able to check out the first couple volumes of this series as I had been curious as to why it was so popular.  Now I know, and as the great and wise G.I. Joe used to say, "and knowing is half the battle."

No comments:

Post a Comment