Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dating Dilemma

Over the last month, I've been fortunate enough, to have met two (2!) super awesome, smart, funny, charming, attractive men, who not only seemed to be interested in me, but whom I was actually interested.  And in both cases, when we got to the end of the evening and were about to part ways, instead of asking for my phone number, they asked if they could Facebook me.  Of course I give permission, but what does that mean?  Do they want to email me? Check out my photos?  See who our mutual friends are?  Build their friend bank?

Maybe I'm old school, but I really miss guys asking for my phone number.  Even though, it meant a small dose of anxiety as to whether or not they would call, at least a girl could tell if the guy was really into her within a week.  If he didn't call by then, clearly he wasn't planning on it.  So move on.

I asked my trusty boys what goes through the male mind when he says: "Can I Facebook you?"

Boy 1: Either a guy just want to add another pretty girl to his friend list or he's shy and wants to get to know more about you.  However if he likes you he will pursue you.

Boy 2: Some girls I Facebook and that's the limit of where I want it to go.  "I'll Facebook you" is a good way to cut it off if you're not that interested.  But if it was somebody I was clicking with, I would ask for her number and also Facebook her.  Unless, it's a girl who I think I will see again soon in a social situation. Then I will just wait to see how it goes the next time I see her.

Hmmm...looks like its back to the drawing board for me.  Although, I will most likely see both of the boys at social functions in the new year.  I guess I just have to see how it goes the next time we all hang out.

No comments:

Post a Comment