Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dating Dilemma - What are the best/worst pickup lines you have used/heard?

I was out with the girls at El Chavo, last Friday night, celebrating Eric's birthday.  After the restaurant closed, he took over the space, brought in a DJ and had a big dance party.  It was a lot of fun AND the perfect opportunity for us to meet new people.   Unfortunately, we had to siphon thru a few drunken DBs before meeting some quality, new friends.

Upon introducing himself to me, one of the drunks proclaimed, "What kind of work do you do?  You must be a model, because you are HOT!"  Stinky beer breath and slurring words aside, there was no way I'd ever fall for a line like that from this middle-aged hot mess.  As I quickly ducked out of his sight (trying hard to dodge the bullet of having a longer conversation with him), I started to think about all the great and horrible pickup lines I had heard over the years.   So this weeks survey question is: What are the best/worst pickup lines you have used/heard?

BS: My friend, the degenerate, likes to use the line: "Nice shoes, wanna fuck?"  It's a great ice breaker and tends to get the girl talking.
JB: The cheesiest/silly lines usually get the girl to talk to you, although if the girl actually falls for any of them, she probably isn't very smart. "Is that Windex in your pants because I can see myself in them."  Or the guy grabs a girl's shirt from the back and she asks, "What are you doing?" And he responds, " Looking for the made in Heaven tag."
JH: "You look bored."  (If she says she is, you're in!  If she says she isn't, you walk away, and didn't actually hit on her.)
HL: "I like your dress!"....The guy that said it to me made me want to find him and talk to him.
MS: The worst Match.com headline I ever saw: "A boy can love a million woman but it takes a man to love a woman a million ways." - Yuck!
BS: I don't use pickup lines, but my I've heard guys use the "my friend thinks you're hot!" line.
AA: Best Line (disclaimer I saw this on Jay Leno, but think it is great) "Do you know how much a polar bear weighs?"  Answer: "Enough to break the ice!"
Worst Line: "Want to get a schnitzel and go back to my bungalow?" (courtesy of a backpacker in Thailand.)
NJ:Best (maybe I just loved it because I got such a good laugh or because the guy was so handsome he literally glistened):
Boy: "Hey NJ, how ya been?"
Girl:"Good, but tired.  You?"
Boy: "Tired, too.  Maybe we should sleep together some time."
Worst lines: - Man, there sure are a lot...
Guy in a bookstore: "Hey baby, I'd sure like to flip your pages." (I gave him a dirty look) "I guess I'd better check myself before I wreck myself, huh, sweetie?"
Guy in a bar: "Are you looking for a man who's extraordinary in every way?  Because you just found him."

No comments:

Post a Comment