Friday, January 29, 2010

Dating Dilemma - What is the most unusual date you've ever been on?

Sorry guys, I'm a bit late with this.  Got tied up with a fascinating music appreciation course from Yale open learning.


So the other day, while passing a cemetery, I had a flashback to a night almost 14 years ago, when I was out on a first date with the boy who would become my Freshman Year boyfriend.  After a lovely dinner at the Iowa River Power Company (one of the fancier restaurants in Iowa City) he asked what I wanted to do next, and me being a quirky ingenue (at least in my opinion) immediately suggested we pay a visit to the Black Angel in the local cemetery.  Clearly he liked me, as he obliged and off we went.  Although it wasn't the best date ever, its unique-ness made it memorable and something that comes back to me every time I pass a cemetery.


This week's survey question: What is the most unusual date you've ever been on?


HL:I was just supposed to go out to dinner with this guy and then he told me he forgot something back at his house and we drove far away to his farm and I had to meet his parents and it was like the 2nd or 3rd date.  It was so awkward, because I think his plan was for me to meet his parents.


NW: I instructed my annoying date to wait outside on a park bench while i shop at old navy for an hour.  (He waited, and yes, it was the first date, and yes the was the first time we'd ever hung out) and do you know that fool had the NERVE to ask me why i wasn't going to kiss him at the end of the date? and proceeded to call me days later asking why I didn't want to go out again?


LL: This isn't crazy for LA, but friends in other parts of the country find it weird to screen movies at a cemetary.  I did have a date to one of those.  Other then that it's been the pretty standard dinner and movie or an improv comedy show.


NJ: I once told a guy that there was a house for sale I really wanted to see, but that no one ever called me back when I left a message with the broker. So he hopped the fence, picked the lock and got me in the house. 

Another time in college I went cemetery hopping. From the outside it seems weird, but our school was known for them – so much so that History, Discovery and Sci-Fi came to do the very same thing on a regular basis. Still not really a conventional date though.




BSI went on a third or maybe fourth date to a wrestling pay per view event.  I had tickets with a friend and he couldn't go at the last minute, so the girl I was kind of seeing at the time went even though she had never seen wrestling before.  She loved it!  WE sat next to an older couple who also were not wrestling fans, but had just come for something to do.  I filled everyone in on the storylines all night, and they kept buying us drinks.  It was a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment