Monday, January 18, 2010

Random gadgets found at Marukai 98

Although there are many, many places where I love to shop when I visit Japan.  My most favorite, is the 100 yen store.  It's a bit like the .99 cent store on crack.  Thousands of things, you never knew you needed, all for the bargain price of US$1.05.  And lucky for me, I don't have to go all the way to Japan to shop at my favorite store.  Torrance and Gardena are both home to Marukai 98,  America's imported version of the 100 yen store.  Granted, everything starts at $1.89, and some things are even more expensive, but the junk you never thought you needed is the same, which is why I like to visit the store on rainy days to test out random gadgets for entertainment purposes.

Take today's amazing product:  The Star/Heart hard-boiled egg shaper.  Here we go....

Simple enough instructions.  Take an egg, boil it, then peel it.


Stick it in the mold, buckle the side latches, let it sit for 5 minutes.


Voila! You have a 3D Heart or Star shaped egg.


Cut in half and serve in salad or make cute deviled eggs.




No comments:

Post a Comment