Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Simple Life - Day 2

Since Thanksgiving is only a few days away and I will be spending the bulk of my week's financial allotment on that day, I've decided to creatively live off whatever I have in the fridge or cupboards.

Today's menu:
-Applesauce Bread (or what to do with the leftover homemade apple sauce in my fridge. I made 2 loaves, one of which I took to Heidi's house for dinner.)
-Rice and Beans
-Kale chips (delicious, healthy, and so easy to make!)

Luckily, my friends are very supportive of my latest financial experiment, and I have loaded up on dinner party invites for the next few days.  Last night, Heidi offered to have me and Lauren over for her delicious Fontina Butternut Squash Lasagna and a screening of our favorite fall movie, "Anne of Avonlea." (I love that Amazon still sells this movie on VHS).  Overall, good food, great company, excellent film.  Gotta love the simple nights in.

Total spent this week: $8.20
Total remaining money for the week: $66.20

No comments:

Post a Comment