Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Simple Life - Day 8

Monday = the day I get to replenish my cashflow.  And just in time, as my car was almost totally out of petrol.  $36.07 later and I have a full tank for the week.  Driving-wise, this shouldn't be a crazy week. I'm finishing with the Dog/Housesitting on Tuesday night (when I will head home with a few loads of clean laundry...major score!!) and I have a few days of work scheduled at the Design Center and USC, neither of which are very far from my apartment.  Hopefully I won't get stressed about gas this week.

Speaking of stressing, I think this project is causing me a bit of anxiety.  First off, I can't stop analyzing prices, which is both good and bad.  While I am reconsidering the value of the dollar, I'm also freaking about how much everything costs.  And although I am not broke, I've begun to act like I am.  Therefore all my friends have been buying me stuff, which I find amazingly generous, but troubling, because it was my personal decision to put myself through this experiment.  I feel like I may need to reconsider what I'm doing and why.

Going back to my day, I spent it grocery shopping for lasagna fixings (total cost: $15) and then attended a screening of Kevin, Luke, and Brian's new film, "The Awakening."  Here's where the guilt and anxiety of trying not to spend money comes in.  I didn't want to pay for valet, so I ended up driving around for 20 minutes, looking for street parking...ugh!  Then, I had to come up with a creative way to not spend money on drinks, so I got a club soda ($4).  Sure, both Jim and Ray offered to buy me drinks, but I don't want them always picking up my tab.  That's awful, especially since both of them had bought me dinner at some point over the past week.  The whole thing makes me feel like such a mooch.

Today's menu
~Rice cakes with heirloom tomato slices and honeyed goat cheese (all found in the fridge.)
~Turkey, Green Chili, and Hominy soup (I made it 3 weeks ago and froze half the pot)
~Leftover Salmone e Piselli from Sunday night's dinner

Total spent today: $55.07
Total remaining for week: $19.93

No comments:

Post a Comment