Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Simple Life - Day 5

I was completely exhausted today.  I think I'm coming down with something and didn't actually feel like doing anything, so I skipped Bikram Yoga and instead took the dogs on a long walk.  Then spent the majority of the day lying on the couch and catching up with movies, magazines, scripts, the newspaper (I have a stack of Travel and Business sections that I had been meaning to get through) some poetry, and a book.  And somewhere in all of that, I managed to make soup out of leftover chicken broth, ramen noodles, and some root veggies, that I noticed were on the verge of wilting.  I simply roasted the fennel, carrots, onions, and sweet potatoes, then tossed them in the chicken broth with extra water, let it all simmer for a bit, then added ramen noodles.  Delicious!

Here is a list of all that I accomplished today. (I know I'm being a bit obnoxious in creating a list.)
Movies watched:
~Paper Heart: I was surprised to have enjoyed this film as much as I did.
~The Expendables: I admit, I love a cheesy action movie...side effect of growing up with a brother.
~The Princess and the Frog: I love Disney movies.
~Nothing Like the Holidays: I was searching for holiday movies and found this.  I really liked the family in it.
~The Holiday: One of my favorite holiday movies.
~ Sabrina (the Billy Wilder version, which is by far the best!)

Reading Materials:
~Women's Health Magazine December 2010 issue
~ReadyMade Magazine October - December 2010 issues
~Splendor by: Anna Godbersen (this is a favorite book of both Heidi and I...its like Gossip Girl in Victorian Times)

Today's Menu
~Leftover Thanksgiving Dinner for lunch
~Root veggie soup for dinner
~Peppermint Tea

Total amount spent today: $0
Total amount spent this week: $67.10
Total amount available to spend this week: $7.90

No comments:

Post a Comment