Monday, November 29, 2010

The Simple Life - Day 7

Seriously, I couldn't fathom spending another day at home reading and watching videos.  I think that I have a 3 day limit on staying in and then I need to have an adventure or two.  Sure, I went out with Jim on Saturday and we wandered around downtown.  But, that was Saturday and it was now Sunday and I was antsy all over again.  Taking the dogs for yet another long walk, wasn't doing enough to help the situation.  When Laura called and suggested we take a walk/jog around the SilverLake Reservoir, I was really excited.  We logged in over 4 miles of walking and caught up on all of our projects, but when we were finished it was still fairly early in the afternoon (1:30ish).

So to recap, by 1.30pm on Sunday, I had managed to go on 2 long walks, watch 2 movies, and still found myself seriously bored.   I went home and heated up the leftover soup, cleaned my apartment, pulled out the Christmas decorations and popped in yet another movie (Elf).  Argh!  Boredom!  Luckily, Adam saved the day.  He was tired of being cooped up from working on his EMBA homework and craving some Royal Milk Tea from Royal/T and asked me to meet up.  Perfect!  After a few hours of catching up, over one of my favorite hot beverages (Adam's treat!) I was more at peace with the world.   Then off to Ray's house for a quick stop at the Hollywood Holiday Parade before grabbing a nice dinner (Ray's treat!) and watching Dexter.

After a full day of cabin fever...I was completely exhausted by the time I went to bed.  Perfect!

Today's Menu:
-Homemade Nachos (I found chips and salsa in Chris' cupboards, and had a chunk of cheddar cheese!  Perfect breakfast!)
-Homemade Root Veggie Soup (leftover from 2 days ago)
-Royal Milk Tea
-Salmone e Piselli (from Trastevere)

Total Spent for the day: $0
Final total spent for the week: $67.10

No comments:

Post a Comment