Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2011: The Goals

2010 was an intense year.  And while in the middle of it all, I had moments where I didn't think I'd still be living in Los Angeles at year's end.  But, LA has been my most favorite relationship of the past 10 years, and unlike this guy, I'm not quite ready to call it quits yet.  So for now, I'm here to stay...but in order to keep sane and continue to love my fair city, I think I need to work on the following goals:

1.) Finish the LA bucketlist.  Which means Adam: you and I have a date with Lucha Va Voom, Matt: we are going to Disneyland, and Justin: we have some serious flying to do.  I know, we are all insanely busy, but my goal is to make time to hang out with the people I love and do the things I've always meant to do.
2.) Meditate daily: It sounds new age-y and weird, but I've had 2 beloveds prescribe it to me recently, and I think they may have valid reasoning.
3.) Madagascar.  If all my soulmates are on a big island off the tip of southern Africa, why is it taking so long to visit there?
4.) Human Experiment: How many months can I go without purchasing any new clothing? Is it possible for me to only shop at thrift stores for clothing and accessories? (Shoes and undergarments are not included in this experiment...because that's just gross.)
5.) Write more actual letters to friends, family, and beloved ones.   Not emails, texts, or e-cards, but real, genuine paper and pen letters with postage.
6.) Stop using the word 'awesome.'  There are so many amazing descriptive words in the English language, now is the time to expand my vocabulary and start using them.

No comments:

Post a Comment