Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Simple Life - Day 16

With the holidays getting closer, I feel as though I'm in vacation mode.  Of course I have random events that I have to work at throughout the week, but all of my personal projects...the ones I'm doing for my greater good and the future, all seem to be hanging by the wayside as I find myself procrastinating more and more each day.  Today, I stayed in my PJs until 1.30pm.  I only managed to take a shower because I was meeting Katie and Heidi for a hike in Fryman and didn't want to attract the attention of too many flies. Of course I managed to get in some writing (ironically I did a pitch about procrastination for a women's blog this afternoon), but I've barely made a dent in my to do list.

After the hike, I ran errands and made dinner.  Then with a sudden burst of creativity, I began working on those New Year's cards I've been thinking about.  Of course, in order to seriously do any work, I need to create a full on mess, and bury myself in the middle of it.  Which explains why every inch of countertop and dining room table are now covered in glitter, and the floor is a mass of ribbons.


Today's Menu: All things found in the Fridge and Pantry.  I wonder if I can get thru the week without buying any food?
~ Decaf Coffee (who knew I would like it so much?)
~Gingersnap cookies (breakfast of champions)
~Corn and Pepper Bisque
~Salad
~Spaghetti Squash with homemade pasta sauce and mango chicken sausage

Things that amaze me:
~Proverbial Wallets...if I had one of these, I probably wouldn't be doing my $35/wk food experiment.
~Forth Magazine is featuring my pal, Brooke Harker's paintings.  She is so fabulous, I am a big fan and even own one of her paintings.
~ While catching up on my TedTalks I saw Ze Frank's speech and was struck by the "chillout song".  So beautiful... just hit play below to listen:



Total spent for the day: $0
Total remaining for week: $64.06

No comments:

Post a Comment