Friday, December 3, 2010

The Simple Life - Day 11

Today was an excellent example of living simply.  I started the morning off grabbing a quick coffee with Jim, then back to my apartment to get some writing done.  I'm been terribly unfocused lately, and had to take a moment to re-examine my priorities for the next few weeks.  Now that I've done that, I feel more on track with things.  Although, I still have to attempt to actually focus and get things accomplished.

Spent the afternoon, doing a bit of multi-tasking.  While Katie and I hiked Fryman Canyon we discussed marketing options for our Holiday Helper company.  Then did a bit of door-to-door advertising, dropping off our flyers in the local neighborhoods.  Crossing our fingers, we actually drum up a bit of business.

At night, Kyle and I went to a screening of Black Swan.  Been dying to see it and thought it was incredibly well done.  Since it was Kyle's 2nd time viewing it, he was able to better analyze some of the earlier scenes, looking for clues to the ending.  I think I may want to go back and watch it again.

Total spent for the day: $0
Total spent for week: $57.53
Total remaining for week: $17.47

Elsewhere....
~Portia Munson's Installations...wow!
~Food Forward has a bunch of new picks for December.  Sign up now!
~Must get ideas for Sharon's Grilled Cheese Invitational this weekend!

Ideas for charitable giving this holiday season:
~Heifer Organization: I love giving Bees and Chicks to poor people in foreign countries.
~Oxfam: I love that you can give books and art supplies to kids in need.
~Thirst Project:  My new pet organization, these guys are amazing, building wells and providing clean water for people in Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment