Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Simple Life - Day 22

I've been waiting to hear about a job for 5 days now.  It's nerve-wracking.  When the producer first called me about it, I was kind of meh-meh, but then went in for the meeting and realized I wanted it.  So my competitive, anxiety-ridden self has been obsessing a bit, ever since.  Trying very hard to act cool, but failing miserably.  Lucky for me, my current boss is AMAZING, as long as I keep her in the loop about things, she is totally cool and supportive of any and all of my endeavors.  Rad.

So the morning was spent working on knocking off a necklace that Jacqui and I fell in love with at Anthropologie.  The locket was $35 on sale, decoupaged with a painting covering the front.  I took an old Forever 21 locket that I already owned and clipped a picture out of a decrepit children's poetry book, then created my own, unique version.

The rest of the day was spent hanging out with Adam.   In a grand attempt to deal with my anxiety he took me to the driving range to hit a few buckets of balls.  While he did work via his mobile phone, I perfected my swing....surprisingly I woke up neither sore nor callused today.  Afterwards we hit happy hour at Gyu-Kaku, so much meat, so good! (I only had to pay for the tip: $8). Then off to a holiday cocktail party at his house.....thank goodness for my little hostess gifts and the surplus of wine i picked up from WineInsiders via Groupon.  Adam and his roommates throw some of the nicest parties, and this was no exception.  They had a tree, grog, festive music, and free flowing wine and cheese.

On my way home, I stopped by my pal, Siaka's holiday party at Off Kilt.  Dive bars are always fun, but I was so exhausted I only wanted to drink water and go home to bed.  Met some very nice people though which made the evening absolutely perfect.

Total spent for the day: $8
Total spent for the week: $8
Total remaining for the week: $67

 Elsewhere:
~My Polar Ice, what a great concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment