Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Holidays!

I hope you and your family are having a wonderful Christmas.  I've been enjoying time spent with my aunt, uncle and cousins.  We've explored some of the great Christmas traditions from my past: making sugar cookies (this year I would only make cookies in the shape of trees, so my aunt had 4 different tree cookie cutters available for use...and "free-form" sugar cookies, where we rolled dough into different sized balls, then smashed them and created snowmen.) last minute holiday shopping, going to church to watch the children's performance (they used a REAL baby as Jesus!) watching old movies, and doing dramatic readings of children's stories (this year I read "Olive the other reindeer").   Our dinner combined Welsh, Swedish, Italian, and Jewish traditions and as always the wine was free flowing.  Its so nice to be home for the holidays.

Merry Christmas.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment