Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Simple Life - Day 13

You ever have those days where you feel like you are getting a lot done, then realize it's almost 1pm, and you are still in your PJs?  Yep, that was me today.  I'm actually not sure what it is exactly that I thought I was accomplishing, but I know it felt like I was burning through things.  Like, I made a big batch of homemade lasagna (one of my winter staples, I even make the sauce from scratch!), then read through a book on how to proctor an exam (just in time, since I have to do that tomorrow!), worked on some writing, responded to a bunch of emails, returned phone calls, and caught up on all the blogs I read, did dishes, put together my bed frame (thank you Heidi for your brilliant ideas!)....but somehow didn't even touch the stuff that is imperative I do right away.  What can I say, except that I know how to be accomplished while procrastinating.


Heidi came by for lunch today (at 1!) which was why I shouldn't have been wearing my PJs much past noon.  We caught up over prosecco and asparagus (I love day drinking!) and she helped me figure out the bed frame situation. (I've had the bed frame for almost 2 weeks, it was gifted to me from my pal Nancy, who found it buried in her closet when she moved in....little did either of us know, whether there would actually be a bed frame in the box or something more sinister...so I had been taking my time opening it....sometimes procrastination can be a blessing.)


Once the bed frame was built, Heidi took off for an adventure down at LA Live!  And I went for a walk to the grocery store to pick up fruits, veggies, and a few other ingredients for the week ($9.58 total).  By the time I made it back home, I had just enough time to get dressed and race to work for a screening of THE TEMPEST.  (Which is a beautiful film, I absolutely loved the aesthetics!  And Helen Mirren was amazing.), where I got awkwardly hit on by the composer, and since I am easily thrown off by unexpected flirtations, I believe I responded to him telling me he thought I was lovely, by saying, "I like black!"...What?!  Yup.   Not that it's a good excuse for my oddness, but I was starving, and it was just my luck that Jacqui was in her office and offered to hook me up with a bit of dinner, courtesy of her restaurant.  So overall, I guess I managed to get quite a bit done today.


Total spent for the day: $9.58
Total spent for week: $67.11
Total remaining for week: $7.89

No comments:

Post a Comment