Monday, December 13, 2010

The Simple Life - Day 21

The Sunday Morning LA Times is pure decadence.  I mean that, because if there is actually enough time on a Sunday Morning to get up, make coffee, then hop back in bed and read through every section (starting with the comics....my most favorite part! Followed by Travel, Style, Business, then everything else.) I feel like I actually had an opportunity to relax.  It's the equivalent of a bubble bath in an extra large tub.

After breakfast I headed up to Griffith Park for a hike with Chris and the dogs.  He took me to a trailhead off of Ferndell that I had never tried before.  Absolutely magical.  I loved how the trail wove past a creek and then over a bridge (while still being under the road) and through the woods.  We wandered up to the Observatory, one of my most favorite spots in LA, then had lunch at the Trails Cafe (amazing avocado sandwiches!)  Chris wanted to thank me for taking care of the dogs and I really wanted to see the girls...because I've been going thru withdrawal without them.  You could tell they missed me too.

Since Jacqui and I find ourselves currently unattached, we have decided it would be best to have a relationship with each other.  So instead of stressing out over whether or not we should get all the guys we are dating gifts or be concerned about whether or not we should invite them to any of our fabulous parties, we have decided to take each other as dates.  And to further our commitment, we are going to exchange homemade gifts....the thought of what I plan to create for her, makes me completely giddy with excitement...oh how I hope it works out the way I've planned!!

Anyhow, my point...The two of us had a holiday girl-date tonight, where we got dinner, checked out  holiday decor, then went back to her place and decorated the tree, listened to holiday music, and sat in front of the roaring fire...romantic, non?  Ahh yes, Jacqui is delightful...and she has no qualms with my quirky new BFF, Blythe (see photo below!)  I think we make quite the lovely threesome.


Elsewhere....
~Anna Bond's blog is fantastic eye candy.
~The Tea Ceremony Chair by Hiroki Takada just blew my mind.
~This little girl makes the cutest Pippi Longstocking ever!
~Smokey Mountain Christmas...Been in a Dolly Parton mood lately and this little made for TV Christmas movie is one of my favorite holiday guilty pleasures.
~Heidi and Rupaul introduced me to this sad, yet lovely Christmas song: "Hard Candy Christmas."

No comments:

Post a Comment