Friday, December 10, 2010

The Simple Life - Day 18

Ugh.  You know those mornings where you really, really don't want to wake up, but have no choice, because there are a billion things to do before you go into the office.  But unfortunately, you stayed up 'til 2AM candying ginger and attempting to watch MAD MEN (still don't love it) and not getting your much needed beauty sleep?  Yep, that was my morning.  But somehow, I managed to get up and finish the lovely hostess gifts.  Here is a picture of the completed project...sorry I can't actually tell you what's inside.

Then got some writing in (even manage to get another Blog pitch accepted!), made lunch (Branston Pickle and Cheddar cheese sandwiches, nut mix, and Strawberry pocky sticks....My fridge is truly a sampling of the United Nations.), and showered (which honestly feels like a triumph in and of itself somedays...oh my lord, I'm starting to sound like one of those over-exhausted sitcom moms), then hotfooted it on fumes (really needed to stop for gas, but no time!) to work by 11.30AM.  My goodness!  I can't believe I made it.  Seven hours of holiday party set up later and I was ready to get out and be done with the day.

Abby and I met up for dinner at Wat Dong Moon Lek, one of our favorite SilverLake restaurants.  I got the spicy lime and sparerib soup.  She got the Tom Ka.  Both of us were completely happy and satisfied by the time we were done catching up.   And then I headed home to finish wrapping gifts.
I love the holidays!!!

Total spent today:$29 ($15 for gas, $14 for soup with Abby)
Total spent this week: $54.40
Total remaining this week: $20.60

No comments:

Post a Comment