Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Simple Life - Day 26

"When it's grey in L.A. I sure like it that way
Cause there's way too much sunshine round here 
I don't know about you I get so sick of blue skies
Whenever they always appear" 
~ Loudon Wainwright, 'Grey in LA' 


I always hum that song on rainy days.  The weather is so rarely miserable, but when it is, from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to bed, I can hear Loudon singing in my head.  It could be worse, it could be Randy Newman.


Big news:  I got a job today.  I'm overwhelmed and excited about it.  Had to sign an NDA so I won't go into detail, just that it looks like I have 10 months of insanity in front of me and I'm excited about the prospect of a new adventure.


Wasn't sure it was possible, but after getting news about the job, things just continued to get better.  Heidi had Katie and I over for a delicious homemade tamales lunch.  Finally finished Natasha's X-mas gift (see below), took some fun rainy day photos, then did bit of work for a screening of Tron 3D, after which I met up with Kevin and Todd (who showed up at my screening) for a delicious bowl of noodles ($15) on Sawtelle.  Perfect grey day!


Total Spent today: $53.68 (gas + noodles)
Total Spent this Week: $63.51
Total Remaining for the week: $11.49


 Poinsettias remind me of Christmas in Thailand

Felted Wool, Pearl, and Sterling Silver Bracelet

Elsewhere:
~ Rachel De Joode Wallpapers make me swoon.  Check her out on Trendland.
~Niki, one of my most favorite Angelenos, just moved to Kabul.  You can follow her adventures on The Gingerfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment