Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Simple Life - Day 19

"Mercury is in retrograde!" or so Tori Spelling's twitter says, according to my friend Heidi.  Which makes sense, because my phone has gone kaput!  And the tech says that part of that is due to my phone being wonky and part is due to the phone's service being out of order today.  So Monday, we will further examine the mess that is my phone...but in the meantime I must live sans internet/email/gps on my person at all times.  How smart is a smart phone when it has zero IQ?  Blah!

Moving on....today, I did managed to accomplish a ton of things...which makes up for all the other days when I was so unaccomplished.  Let's see....Laundry (check!), Homemade Ginger Coconut Sorbet (check!), Homemade Sugar Cookies (check!), Afternoon Tea with Heidi at Chado H.Wood (check!), Michelle's birthday party (check!), and Heidi's Holiday party (check! check! check!).

Okay, just for a moment let's discuss our afternoon tea.  One of my childhood traditions when I was 3-7 years old was to have a New Year's tea party with my bestest friends, all of which happened to be inanimate.  Since I sometimes get nostalgic for simpler times, days when my friends would not talk back to me ;)  I thought maybe it was time for a jaunt down memory lane, so I got Heidi to join me for afternoon tea (thank you Groupon!).  Little did she know, I would be bringing along one of my newest besties.  Blythe (whom I've loved since before my life in Japan) has teamed up with Littlest Pet Shop and can now be purchased at Target for $19.99....so much cheaper then the normal mini Blythe dolls.
Anyhow, tea was dreamy and all my friends got along marvelously...so the afternoon was a smash hit.

After the sun set, Heidi and I headed to Tiki No to celebrate Michelle's 27th birthday (she's practically geriatric!) after a sampling of strong tropical rum drinks, we hooked up with the Hawaiian food truck, "Aloha Fridays," where I intro'd Heidi to Spam Musubi...another staple from my childhood (classy, I know!) and off we went to Les Deux for the World of Wonder holiday party.  This year's theme was "Glow Job"...and it was amazing!  Beautiful drag queens, boys in speedos, RuPaul Dj'ing (He was fantastic!), and free flowing cocktails with glow sticks.  Every year I marvel at the crazy, fun, themed holiday parties that businesses throw for their employees.  And yes, I do believe we are in a recession....but you wouldn't know it.  After a crazy night out, I rolled into bed around 3am.  How exhausting!!!

Total Spent for the Day: $5 ($2/parking, $3 for 2 Spam Musubi)
Total Spent for the Week: $59.40
Total Remaining for the Week: $15.60

No comments:

Post a Comment