Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas List from 1989

Just arrived at my aunt's house.  Since my family lives all over Timbuktu (not literally, but close) my aunt tries very hard to make the guest bedroom seem like "my" bedroom whenever I stay over.  She puts up family pictures and tchotchkes from my childhood.  Tonight I found an old Christmas Wish list from 1989 sitting by my bed.  Here's what I wanted 21 years ago (I need to scan this thing, it totally makes me chuckle and further proves that my poor taste in music started at a very early age.)

1)Camcorder (I asked for a camcorder every year, until one year my parents gave me a super 8 and a 16mm Bell and Howell...honestly, I think they did the right thing.  I still have those 2 cameras and occasionally shoot stuff with them...the camcorder would never have made it this far.)
2)Prince Racket (I find this amusing, because I hated tennis, but clearly wanted this item because the cool girls all had Prince Tennis Rackets.)
3)Milli Vanilli Tape (didn't even have a CD player yet!)
4)Paula Abdul Tape (I loved MC Skat Cat...we totally had a thing.)
5)Peace Necklace
6)Hat from The Express (not sure which hat, but I'm betting it was something like this: see Jordan Knight photo.
7)Swatch
8)Exercise Equipment (Weights)...(I wonder if this was the same year that Alyssa Milano's Teen Steam came out?  Because, that was about the time that I got obsessed with making myself over to be less of a geek.  It was short lived, because I was a lazy geek and would just rather read books all day then do physical activity.)
9) an Emmy (here's where I wish you could see the list, because originally I asked for an Oscar, but scratched it out, and asked for an Emmy instead.)
10)Hanging Tough Video (ahh now you see why I'm pretty sure I wanted a Jordan Knight-like hat)
11) Nintendo


This list kind of makes me want to get a bunch of Swatch Watches and wear them up and down my arms like when I was in Jr. High.

What did you want for Christmas when you were a kid?

No comments:

Post a Comment