Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Simple Life - Day 12

Friday was such a random day, I had a lot of work to do, but accomplished very little.  Spent the afternoon in a casting session for a sketch comedy show that I'm producing.  Saw a lot of very funny people, but 5 hours of casting, is utterly exhausting.  The casting director and I met with almost 30 different comedy actors,  who were each asked to bring in a monologue then read one of 3 parts.  Many of the monologues were actually very interesting, some were even so well-written, I couldn't help but laugh out loud.  Personally, I find casting sessions to be awkward and painful, but a necessary evil in order to find unknown talent.  Generally, I avoid it all together, but the director and other producer had way too much on their plates, so I offered to help narrow down the search.

From casting, I hotfooted it across town to work a screening of Blue Valentine.  Although, I missed about 25% of the movie, because I had to deal with the talent and get them set up for the Q&A afterwards, what I did see of the film was amazing.  Both Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams performances are thought-provoking and freak-ishly believable.  I found myself thinking, "Oh thank god, I've never been in a relationship with either of these people.  What a mess."  In real life, both actors were delightful, charming, and gracious.

As far as spending money on Friday...well, I didn't have much time to eat or think about eating, drinking, or shopping.  So other then the coffee that Jim treated me to (he's becoming my gingerbread latte pusher/sugar daddy...he has no idea what kind of trouble he's getting himself into)....I only had enough time to eat cold leftover chili and rice, and snack on almonds.  So once again, $0 were spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment