Monday, December 20, 2010

The Simple Life - Day 28

I went over budget this week.  It happened yesterday in fact, just three days short of the finish of the experiment.  But I am okay with it, because I was celebrating the end of a grand adventure (7 months of unemployment).  And one should be able to celebrate a special occasion.  Before the play, Lauren and I went to Kendall's Brasserie, a place I'd been wanting to try for years.  We drank wine and feasted on delicious food and somehow managed to find our seats, three minutes before curtain.

So the experiment is over.  I proved to myself that I can live on a budget.   But more importantly, I was taken aback by the kindness of friends and acquaintances.  It was amazing how many people offered to cover for me, simply because either they had been in a similar situation before or I had previously helped them and they wanted to do the same.  For the most part, I was reminded of how great humanity can be.

And today, while hanging in the kitchen at yet another holiday party, helping the hostess put together appetizers.  I was reminded of how great my group of friends are.  Kim and Albert organized an amazing gathering to celebrate the holidays.  Jacqui stopped by to help me with some work that I was behind on.  Heidi swung by to drop off a Christmas gift.   Ray, Ben, and Adam all checked in to make sure I was ready to face the new job tomorrow.  I know this sounds cheesy, but I'm really lucky to have found the most amazing group of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment