Monday, December 6, 2010

The Simple Life - Day 14

Ugh!  I hate early mornings!  And today, I had to be at USC by 9am, but since I had no idea where I was going on campus, I had to be out of the house by 8am.  I was barely awake, driving there.  I know that 8am isn't really that early, but it certainly felt like it.

Spent the whole day proctoring the Japanese Language Proficiency Exam at USC, which meant sitting at a desk, watching for sly examinees who felt the need to cheat.  Luckily, all of my people were fairly honest and we had no problems.  So I was able to read 3 magazines, cover to cover (Harper's Bazaar, Angeleno, and Angeleno Interiors) and make a serious dent in a book (Hector and the Search for Happiness).  Plus as an added bonus, the Japanese Association hooked me up with breakfast (coffee and donuts...can't remember the last time I had a Krispy Kreme, I forgot how crack/cocaine-like they can be!) and lunch (Subway lunch boxes!).  When the exam was finally over, and I had cleaned up my classroom and put everything back in order, I was practically jumping for joy to get outside and enjoy the remains of the day.  I forgot how hard it is to work at a desk for 8 hours...I've become so wimpy.

Stopped by the grocery store, on the way home, and picked up some coffee beans and a dark chocolate bar for a random concoction I plan to make tomorrow. ($11.24)

Then had a night in, where I watched THE KIDS ARE ALL RIGHT...which is fantastic, you must see it! And started to watch the first season of MAD MEN, which is good, but not as compelling as its been touted.  Perhaps my expectations were too high?  Or maybe I just need to continue watching past the first 3 episodes?

Total spent for the day: $11.24
Total spent for week: $78.35
Total remaining for week: -$3.35
Oops!  I went over this week.  But, since I managed to have a bit of savings from the week before, I will use that as a pad to cover for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment